Here we go again with the "barrel burner" BS...the 220 Swift was a "barrel burner"...TOTAL BS...I've had Swifts with 3000 rounds through them and still getting <1/2" accuracty...the 264 is a "barrel burner"...TOTAL BS...I know people with 264 with 2500 rounds through them and still getting <3/4" accuracy. The 17 Rem is a "Barrel Burner of the first Water"...well maybe...I only get about 2000 rounds before needing a new tube, but that's because I load it to the gills, then vibrate the powder down and add some more. DO THE SAME with ANY bore size and you will get throat and barrel erosion and the more powder you burn the more "burning" you get.

ANY RIFLE OR CALIBER that shoots loads over about 42 KPSI produces throat temps that will "Burn" steel.

The "Barrel Burner" BS is just someone wanting to jaw flap and stick their face on some forum. When will it ever end.

Oh yeah...my 6mm-284's and 22-243's "burn barrels" also...what the HE** do you expect from varminter's jacked as high as they will go...I can also burn out a 30 cal barrel in less than a season of shooting rats at long range if I don't keep it cool and use good shooting and reloading techniques.

One of the reasons why the makers don't chamber for the 6.5 x 284 or the 260 is the hunting public won't support it...the same with the 8mm's...They even had to change the name from 8mm to 325 to get them to sell at all...the same with how many other excellent calibers that have come and gone...I mean even a greedy bunch of corporate execs will learn after a while where the money comes from and what sells...

None of the stores in my area has had a 260 W since they first came out and the one store that had two sold only one. After two years sent it back to the main store who swapped it for another caliber a year later when they couldn't get rid of it. I've never seen or heard of a 6.5x284 around here in 12 years of watching, and many of the "sports clerks" don't know what you are talking about when you ask for a 6.5 Norma.

Besides what the HE** is the matter with the Savage offering...out of the box a 1000 yarder at a $1000 bucks or so. And what's with the "factory only" BS...if you want one they are easy to build...F*** the factory's.

There's way too much whiskey fumes swirling around some of the gaseous vapors arising from these forums, I think.

The 140 gr 6.5 cal bullet just happens to hit the magic numbers as far as BC, SD, bullet weight, case capacity, long range stricking energy and velocity is concerned. It makes it an excellent caliber for long range target OR hunting, but so does the 300 gr, 338 cal bullet and so does many other calibers and bullets...you just have to do your own thinking and not let the BS hype blind you to the many other facts.

The 6.5x284 gets all the love it needs from those who know a thing or two...the rest don't have a clue anyway and don't deserve to have one.

Rant over.

Luck on your projects.