NFG,
What exactly is your experience with the BARREL BURNING 6.5 x 284.

Any experience on the line at Camp Perry, any time at the Regional matches? Ever shot F class anywhere? Ever own a rifle chambered in 6.5? I Know what I'm talking about when it comes to the cartridge and what it does to barrels.In the course of fire that is shot at the long range comps I attended, you typically had 30 minutes to shoot all the sighters you wanted, and 20 shots for record.

I competed with a 6.5x284 for 5 years in long range prone NRA type matches, with thousands of rounds down the range year to year. Kriegers,Harts, Shilens, all die a hell of a lot quicker in 6.5 than in the comparable 300 win mag.IIRC the USAMU changes their barrels out on the 6.5 @ 1000 rounds, and when they shot them, changed their barrels on the 300 win mag at the 2000 mark.

Friends of mine that travel to the F class world championships and place well, tell me the same thing about their barrel life's competitive abilities.

To me dead or burned out means you can't hit the 10 ring on call any more at 600 yards, much less 1000. Not hitting what your shooting at doesn't work for me.

By the way, I've seen 1/2" guns at 100 yards shoot like S**t at 300-600 yards.
Have a good day.

When people face the possibility of freezing or starving there is little chance they are going to listen to unfounded claims of climate doomsday from a bunch of ultra-rich yacht sailing private jet-setting carbon-spewing hypocrite elites