Larry, why do you continue to be so confrontational? I will give you an example of how to reply in a more civil non-confrontational manner. I will pretend I am you responding to my post

"Rick g, I don't appreciate you bringing my wife into the discussions here on this board. I feel that when references are made to family members, it becomes to personal and may result in lasting bitterness between the persons involved in the exchange. I would hope in your future posts, you would avoid any references to family. As to your fathers academia, I am sure he was an intelligent man. However, I do not feel his accomplishments qualify you to make personal judgements as to my mental well being. I would hope you would refrain from doing so in the future."

Do you see how this differs from-"Again, you are the one that opened this discussion making references not only to your fathers Ph.D. of wisdom, but also my wife being the 1 wearing the pants. But to make things even worse you imply now about my "psychological state" as in some kind of expert ass hole."?

I'm sure you can see how the latter reply is quite hostile, and somewhat illogical, while my pretend reply is non-hostile, well thought out and logical, and has a greater chance of achieving the desired effect.