I'm hoping Barak will weigh in on this thread.

My favorite Internet source is cigarsinternational.com; but I have also had good experiences with jrcigars.com and cigar.com. I like Thompson's International for non-cigar cigar stuff, like humidors and lighters and humidifiers and cutters and so on, because they generally have good prices; but I haven't had a lot of luck with their actual tobacco--especially their house brands.

I'm a very light smoker, so I don't have extensive experience with hundreds of brands; but when I think "smooth and buttery," two come to mind. The first would be a Padron Maduro: I'm not sure a smoother cigar exists. The second would be CAO's new mx2 model (mx2 means "Maduro times two"--it has two maduro wrappers, one layered over the other). It has a very dark, sweet, thick flavor that might be described as "buttery."

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867