Leinies creamy dark is a very smooth hearty beer with just a little bite to it. A quite pleasureable brew somewhat similiar to Guiness for about $3.00 a six pack less. Guiness is of course an excellent choice and sometimes you just have to breakdown and get it ( a little arm twisting usually does it).

For the red beers, Killians and Leinies reds are excellent choices, both have a nice body and a good distinct flavor.

Probably the best beer I ever had was a Sprecher, a small brewing company in Milwaukee that makes beer the old fashioned way. I don't remember the type of beer it was, but it was a thick brew with a wonderful dark head that stayed with the brew until quaffed. A truly magnificent brew.

Chimay (from the Trappist monks in Belgium I believe) has quite a kick to it and will really knock your socks off if you're not careful. It's is one of the really heavy thick beers with a wonderful head, but it's somewhat bitter so you have to be in the mood for it. At $10.00 a bottle (similar in size to a champagne bottle) it is not a beer to serve to alot of guests.

Most of the small breweries in Wis turn out some good brews in small batches. I had some Mississippi Mud a few years ago and it was quite good, although I haven't seen it around lately.

As for the likes of Miller, Bud, and Coors, any of the three will do if nothing else is available, but only as a last resort. Coors is worst of the bunch, and Bud and Miller are almost interchangeable.

As far as the hard stuff, Jose Cuervo or a good mezcal tequila in a fresh strawberry margarita can't be beat on a hot summer day. Usually have a pitcher or two when the time is right. Jagermeister is our drink of choice in hunting season when the wind is biting and you need something to "warm you up". Of course, you can't beat a good sipping whiskey, or a whiskey sour anytime of the year.