[quote] . . . . ,but,if you see a Budweiser display that's pushing "Day Fresh Budweiser",at least but a sixer.The born on date is today . . . "
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bart185 suggests freshness is important. I agree. Some of the premium beers will sit for weeks before rotating the stock. Micro breweries usually have fresh stuff, but, their recipes can be so exotic as to the point of distraction. The top selling beer by a huge margin is Bud Lite. If Coors has been properly transported and is freshly dated, it is my brew of preference followed by MGD. Regardless, I always check the stale date.

Likewise, I don't by Copenhagen that is over two weeks old; big difference.

For the hard stuff, we normally stock some Knob Creek at our hunting camps. Great whisky and not outrageously priced. Sipping a bit after a hard days hunt is always a treat, especially when its cold and the wall tent wood stove is barely keeping up. Gusano Rojo is another favorite amongst the cognoscenti; its a full bodied mescal that offers unusal dreams. Especially if you eat the worm. We are close enough to Mexico to get the real stuff, instead of the imported crap with the plastic worm.

1,992 coyotes since 1964
1,000,000 rounds downrange
1,250,000 motorcycle miles