Thank you I'm pretty excted.Its the first year that my dad put in with me and we drew. We only put in for units and hunts that if we drew we new if we put the time in we would could atleast know we were among elk. I'll be looking for pointers before long. I have only been to the lakes (Can Jilon). I will camp there quite a bit this summer and start scouting.

Originally Posted by M376X6
I was born and still live here in Colorado. I hunt as many seasons as I can here. But to be honest, I dearly love to hunt in New Mexico. We were UNSUCCESSFUL in both deer and elk again this year. I understand you residents feeling frustrated. Colorado is geared towards the non residents simply because they charge the outrageous fees to hunt here. A lot of the areas here are wishful thinking areas where you stand a 1 chance out of 20 to even see anything. I have to admit, I would prefer to see a point type system in New Mexico as well, at least I could put a flag in the middle of it and hold out for hope (I kind of borrowed that from Robin Williams bit on Golf, hilarious if you've ever seen it). Unit 51 Mature bull, I am so jealous, I wish you the best of luck.

Regards,
M376X6

JChavez