Originally Posted by TC1
Yes, I have a 3-9X33 Pride/Fowler scope with a bullet drop reticle that's calibrated for the .22LR round and goes out to 200yds. There is still some guess work to putting lead on target at that range but it's a lot fun. I recently acquired a CZ 452 Varmint and put a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18X40 on it with target knobs. I plan on trying to do it with clicks instead of hold over very soon but I haven't been able to play with it yet. Years ago I would just walk the bullets in on the target.

Rimfires are great fun.

Terry

Terry, I tried to get to 200 yards with my cross hairs in the center of the target with this mil-dot scope of mine, but couldn't do it until I put a 20 MOA EGW Base under this scope.

I was told (on another forum) that many prefer a 30 MOA Base, however the 20 MOA Base worked for me. If my calculations are right I should still have 36.5 MOA (146 clicks) left on my scope from my 200 yard zero point at this time, but with the use of Mil-Dot's I should be able to get even more range. I'm limited to 300 yards however as that is the max distance of our local Range. I'd like to get out that far someday on the gong's. smile

Joe