Slipped out to the Range this morning with my little portable gong hanger. Had every intent to work my way out to 300 yards and when I finished up on getting the Dope for my Mil-Dot Scope at 250 yards I moved my set up back to 275 yards.

I anchored my gong at 275 yds, spray painted it covering up the previous hits from 250, stuck a wind flag a few feet to the left of it, walked about 75 yards or so back towards the firing line and thought I'd better turn around and take a look at the gong,,, I couldn't see it!

After the 250 yard ridge where targets can be set, from that point and the rest of the way to the 300 yard backstop it drops off way to deep to see my gong setup.

I'll have to make another gong hanger that is taller so I can see the 275 & 300 yard gong's when I hang them.

All was not lost however as I got some good shooting Dope recorded in my book from 200, 225, and 250 yard shooting. I was also glad I put a Wind Flag out by my target each time as it did come in handy a few times when the wind came up.

Of course, when and if we ever get some kind of .22LR Sniper competition set up at our club, wind flags won't be allowed. A person will have to read the conditions to the target in other ways.

All in all, it was a good morning of shooting even if my gong stand wasn't tall enough to be seen from 275 - 300 yards...

Joe