That's a tough call as I don't believe "brush cutting" and rifle cartridges really should be used in the same sentence.
Last year I had a chance at a group of cow elk at about 250-300 yards. They were moving at a fast walk and moving though some reprod, into the open, reprod, then into some timber. Never could get lined up for a decent shot without some brush in the way so I passed.

However, in Africa my one and only chance at a nice Kudu was in some really heavy brush. As we were walking following a track of a nice Kudu we had seen, the PH looked up and the Kudu had gotten behind us and was peeking at us from behind some heavy brush about 50 yards away. The PH was yelling "shoot, shoot", but all I could see was the head facing me. I couldn't tell which way the body was from the head, left or right. Just then, the Kudu decided to run and I could determine where the body was. I picked a spot from the location of the head and shot through the bush as this would be my last opportunity, being the next to last day. The Kudu only went about 50 yards and was down, bullet right through the heart. May have been luck, but I have a lot of faith in my .338 and the .225 Aframes I was shooting that day and they haven't let me down yet.

I doubt I would take that shot on an elk though, but time will tell....

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.