Originally Posted by 340Wby
Originally Posted by SU35
The 300Roy/150gr & the right powder will clock 3700+fps, without signs of pressure! Now that's smokin!

That's smokin alright! Crack Cocaine this is.

I can assure you I DO NOT do drugs!

R25 is the key to some of the Roy rounds with lighter pills.
If one goes up to a 150's(270) or 180's(300) R25 does not seem to work like it does with lighter projectiles.

Do your self a favor. Buy a Roy, work up loads carefully, mic just in front of the belt, check primers & see for yourself.

The problem we have here is that some do not open their minds & let their mouth flap.

I can even pull the email from Alliant regarding these loads if needed. Or better still. Email them yourself & see the response they give you regarding 130(270Roy) & 150's(300Roy) with R25.
It's a SAFE load WITHOUT signs of pressure in the Mark V!

One becomes ignorant when ones mind closes. Something to think about expert!
...............I can understand a little skepticism here by the poster above who thought you were smoking some crack! However, I don`t think you are.

3700 fps or slightly more, for a 150 gr bullet out of a 300 Wby, is quite a jump from the maximum listed velocities from Hodgdon, Nosler, Lyman, which all list maximums at around 3400 and slightly over. And even Alliant, lists the 165 gr @ 3258 fps using the RL 25.

So! About 450 fps faster for bullet, that is only 15 grains lighter than the 165 and with no pressure signs???? Has Alliant recently come up with a new enhanced kernel formula for their RL 25 similar to what they did with RL 17???

How many additional grains of RL 25 over the listed maximum charges would be needed (that already get 3400+ fps with the 150 grainer) to achieve 3700+ fps??? And doing so without pressure signs??

300 fps or thereabouts, is quite a jump from the listed maximum loadings, whether it be from a Mk5 action or any other action.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger