Plus, in Utah they give you two wives... laugh

They don't give them to you. You have to recruit them yourself.

I live in Utah, and like it a lot. The climate is pretty comfortable, and the local economy is good. But the hunting is actually not that great. There are just too many people who want big game tags. OTH, it's easy to commute from here to places that have the outdoor stuff you like. (Great trout fishing on the Snake River, 3 hours; pronghorn hunting in Wyoming, about 2-3 hours; Yellowstone Park, 4 hours)

You might check out the north end of Cache Valley here in Utah, north of Logan. It's quite a pretty spot, and Idaho is only a few miles away. It's closer to all the things listed above.

I'd second the idea of looking at the Boise Idaho area. You're very close to good opportunities in three states. The climate isn't quite as nice is central Utah, but still very good. The local college has a dang good football team, and that's fun to watch.

Another good location is around Rexburg Idaho. That's the east end of the Snake River Valley. It's a pretty spot, with close access to the Yellowstone and Teton areas. Rexburg itself has a very decent climate, but colder than Boise, with a tendency toward wind. If you go east from there, you're gaining elevation rapidly, and the winters become more harsh. It's a college town, and that brings a lot of good things with it.

Also take a look at the Richland Washington area. I've done some work there. It's a growing area, with lots of outdoor opportunities.

Be not weary in well doing.