Originally Posted by Dudejcb
Originally Posted by UtahLefty
Northern Utah is prettier than Southern ID. wink
The problem with Utah is that it's Utah, and that's tha same problem with most of Idaho outside of Boise. MMMMMMMMMormmmmmmans. As a rule they are very nice (on the surface), and also very clickish (prefer their Ward and Stake pals) and very little fun to be around. (they don't even know they are a mysogenistic cult!)

and never take a Mormon fishing. If your gonna take one, then always take two.

That is a bit uncalled for. And from my experience entirely untrue.

No, I am not a member. But I know a lot of Morman's quite well. As a group they are a lot nicer to be around than most groups.

As to Western living, I admit I am a bit prejudiced toward Id after 53 years. But some of it is justified. Our big game tags are still sold over the counter. Tags are much more accessible than Or or Wa.

We can not buy two deer tags any more, and general season for deer no longer occurs during the rut in most places, but concessions must be made for the exponential population growth in the Boise valley over the last twenty or thirty years.

It is really not a bad place to live as long as you can stay outside a 50 mile perimeter to the west and south of Boise. It almost still feels like Idaho outside that perimeter.

We have a huge allotment of easily accessible public lands. Big game, small game, bird, and predator hunting abounds on the public lands. Water fowl enthusiasts do pretty well on the Snake River corridor.

Housing is easy to purchase. The subdivisions are full of short sales and repossessions just looking for new owners.

Jobs are a little hard to come by right now in the
Boise Valley and competition is stiff for the jobs which are available. But it is a pretty decent place to retire to.

Oh, and gun laws. CCw permits are fairly easy to acquire. Open carry is legal in Id. Id and Or are class III friendly. Wa is not. Id has no gun permits or registration, no waiting period, and I think the federally mandated instant check is still free in Id.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.