Originally Posted by orion03
I suppose some people wouldn't consider a 10/22 high grade, but their Deluxe Sporter is a pretty nice little rifle. Mine shoots great, has a nice piece of walnut in it, and is dead reliable after I put an EDM extractor in it. Also did some trigger work on it, but that's part of the fun of the 10/22, you can't help but mess with them.

\With all due respect friend, I don't really think a "hi grade" rifle should come demanding a trigger job and an aftermarket extractor.

I've heard great things of the 10-22 and rarely ever see anyone post negatively about them. That said: they don't fit my definition of a "hi grade" rifle.

I have a very great shooter and functionally excellent autoloader in a Marlin 60. It's also a fine "tool". But then as with the 10-22 it's lacking in refinement such as nicely finished walnut with checkering and rubber but pad and pistol grip appointments.

Among the sweetest hi grades I've ever owned were three weatherby Mark XXII.....sadly all three were functionally illiterate!