Had a 10/22 go almost 18,000rds in an R&D experiment,before it got too dirty to run at all.

Ended my experiment after about 3 years, mostly because of peer pressure: My dad and my son demanded that I clean it, since they shot it more'n I did at the time. ;O)

The boy once burned up over a brick of Wildcats with the 1022 in a few days, when he was about 8 or 9 and went to hunting camp with my parents. Told dad to hide the Ruger and make the little pizzer shoot his own M581, so the fodder lasted longer.

1022 never bobbled once in all those 3+ years,, shooting WW Wildcats, Dynapoints, CCI Mini mags, cheap Federals, or anything else we ran thru her. No Rems, though. Rem ammo is the only stuff that ever caused it to smokestack or jam, since I've had it. And that was many years ago.

Won a Fajen synthetic thumbhole in a raffle, figured that little factory barrel looked silly in there, so put an inexpensive .920 GM barrel on it fer chits and grins. With Wolf Match Target from a rest, it'll punch ragged holes @ 25 and do 1/2" @ 50 yards. Stock trigger and innards.

Think the rifle originally cost me $75, back when I got it?

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.