\With all due respect friend, I don't really think a "hi grade" rifle should come demanding a trigger job and an aftermarket extractor.

Don't consider the 1022 to be "high grade", do consider them to be the best buy in a SA 22, though. Not really necessary to "upgrade" them, although it's a temptation, with all the aftermarket goodies available.

My oldest 1022 was new in the late 1960s. All original, 'cept for a synthetic thumbhole stock and inexpensive Green Mountain 20" .920 blued barrel, (both fairly recent additions). That rifle has digested in excess of 20,000 rounds and still works fine...if you keep Remington ammo away from it. My kid ran a minimum of 3 or 4 bricks through it annually, when he was in his pre-teen years.

Once went over 3 years (and thousands of rounds), with no cleaning, other than the occasional patch down the barrel. Still cycled flawlessly, crud'n all.

If a "high grade" rifle is one that's extry purty and cost alot of money, you can have it. Especially if it can't shoot/function as consistantly well as one that cost less than $200. Bought another new 1022 last year for $179. Still as-issued, except for a longer LOP synthetic stock I had taking up space here. It also shoots/functions very well.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.