If you haven't tried QuickLOAD, you really should. Would you develop your reloads without a chronograph? Of course not, but really that only tells you something about external ballistics. You are just guessing on what is going on inside. Looking at cases even measuring casehead and primer pockets(as I regularly do) is just as accurate at determining pressure as looking as holes in paper to determine velocity - you are just guessing.

There is some info on here in the "Gunwriters" area on how unreliable traditional pressure signs are - and there are some studies on "pet" loads that show handloaders regularly push thier favorite loads well into the upper 70Kpsi area without signs of pressure. I will look again for that stuff tonight. By the way I agree (so does QuickLOAD) that 2700fps for a 185 TSX with H4895 is a reasonable load. Just the 160gr and 210gr are way off. I had no trouble getting to 2600fps with a 210 and AA2460 and no measurable pressure signs - that doesn't mean its safe - I am learning, slowly. Nothing against the 185TSX - its just that the 210 TTSX carries energy better and (according to Barnes still opens up at 1750fps - where the TSX needs about 2000fps) So if I can get it to fly at about 2550fps - it really gives me the performance I am looking for - if not I will have to switch bullets.

I have already e-mailed Barnes - if I don't hear from them in a week or so I will give them a call. BTW it wouldn't be the first time Barnes put too hot data in Manual #4 - just take a look at the corrections on-line. I am not bashing Barnes, I have used them almost exclusively for the past 15 years, and I still think its the best bullet for my needs.

"Do you want it "Right", or "Right now"? - always a good question.