There are NO 88K PSI loads in the Barnes #4. You find one and verify it from an independent lab, I'll buy you an Elk steak dinner!

While I agree that "traditional" pressure signs are imperfect, they gotta be better than software that is that far off.

Of course that software was made for the chief antigun spokesman Bill Gate's crap Windows system so who knows why it says what it does.

Those of us in the MAC world will trust our chronographs and "traditional" pressure indicators like measuring the case heads and ease of opening the bolt.

As for the 338 185 not opening up in a 338 Federal... a picture is worth 1000 words. That Cow was 120 yards away, both shoulders were broken and the bullet went a considerable way into the clay hill behind her. She fell over dead.

IMO the 338 F is at most a 300 yard cartridge in a super light package like the Kimber 84. If I wanted to lug nine pounds I'd take my 375 H&H as nine pounds is nine pounds so why bother with any lesser cartridge? An old 210 gr X @3000 shoots as flat as an 06' and the new 235 TSX will also do 3000. Either of those will "end to end" anything living here in WY.

Barnes is the best bullet when you have to get the job done regardless of species. If all you deal with are Whitetails you might not "need" it (still no reason to avoid it), but when a slink through the black timber for Mulies can turn into a meeting with Ursus arctos horribilis, I prefer Barnes. (Next to my BPS 10 bore loaded with 2 oz "deer" slugs).

Be most interested to hear what Ty @ Barnes says about your 88K PSI load! There are only two corrections to load data in manual #4. Neither involve any 338 cartridge.

Last edited by oldman1942; 11/17/09.