Well Gents, I've made it to Iraq and have settled in to my digs for the next few months. Barring any change in mission I should be able to check in about every week.

I can't discuss where I am or exactly what I'm doing until I check with the S-2 to see what is cleared and what isn't, but things aren't as bad here as many think from whatching the news. Of course the people aren't exactly enamored with our presence, but hey would you be if an occupying military was blocking traffic all the time and arresting you almost daily?

The other day we did a cordon and knock on a house, one of the men had a weapons custody card but no AK. The Marines we are relieving were hollering at him to produce the rifle but he said they had taken it on the last raid, sure enough when we got back there was the paperwork. Heck, all 3 men in the house still had their detainee cards from the last raid on the house, guess they wanted to save us the time filling out more paperwork.

Gotta run, need to get my gear ready to outside the wire tomorrow. Check in when I can.

Semper Gumby (Stay Green and Stay Flexible)!!

Bob

"This country, this world, the [human] race of which you and I are a part, is great at having consensuses that are in great error." Rep. John Dingell (D-MI)