Gents,
I am fine and things are as well as can be expected in "The Triangle of Death", or so I'm told this place is called. As you can see we've taken some casualties, and a few since that was written, but the Marines continue to amaze me with their drive to push the mission and get the enemy whenever we can. I'm going to try and post a number of stories whenever I get to where we have internet. Where I live most of the time connections just don't exist. Heck, heat doesn't exist, it went from 85 to 40 in 2 days. The past 3 nights we have had wind chills below freezing. Although we have our cold weather gear when your body is acclimatized to 80+ degrees 40 is really cold.

Thanks for all your prayers and offers of items. To be entirely honest I can't use the stuff I am getting, and our unit is pretty well stocked. Some of the families in Madison did a collection at Wal Mart and ended up spending $5000 in postage to get us a pile of boxes. I can't begin to describe how much stuff we got.

Yours in service,
Bob

"This country, this world, the [human] race of which you and I are a part, is great at having consensuses that are in great error." Rep. John Dingell (D-MI)