I have experience with model 94s in both the 30 WCF and the 44 WCF. Both are admirably "field accurate". What this means is that while they might not shoot tiny groups at 200 yards, they hit what you aim at, and are capable of precise shot placement in the field.
I cannot recommend any factory 44 WCF load for your chosen prey, with the possible exception of the Winchester super X 200 JSP. Before I relied on this load, I would test for sure both its penetration and expansion. My own experience with this load is years down the road, and it is always important to know how current production ammo will work.
Most 44 WCF shooters are interested purely in hitting targets. Nothing wrong with that, just that I only know of two others besides me who rely on the old 44 in the back country, and one of them recently got shipped off to a retirement home by his kids. I guess what I'm saying is that the 44 WCF is not exactly a household name any more.
The main thing to remember, if you choose the old 44, is that you are relying on accuracy, not on power. The 44 WCF is a poor second to the 44 magnum.
That said, its no great shakes to make a water jug dance at 70+ yards with a either a SAA or a 94, off hand. The old 44 is inherently accurate.
I hesitate to offer a hog load, because I have no clue what hogs in Australia are like, but a standard 44 WCF working load= a 200+ grain cast semi-wadcutter, stoked over 8.0 grains of unique to start. I would want the bullet to be no more than 16 BHN. This should net a velocity of 1400-1500 fps from the 20' carbine barrel. It is possible to develop + P loads in the 44, but much anything over 1700 fps and you start to go through brass quite quickly. 44 WCF brass is thin, in order to work at modest pressures and expand and seal the chamber, which it does just fine. Unfortunately, no one to my knowledge offers heavy 44 WCF brass, not even Starline, which is probably the best 44 WCF brass available today.
Frankly, the 44 WCF is a cartridge that is best suited to those willing to pick their shots, rather than those who want to hurl the Hammer of Thor.
Unless I was willing to spend the time and resources developing a quality working load, I would choose the simple alternative of the 30 WCF.