After reading the original posters posts on various threads, I have come to the conclusion that he does NOT know WHAT he wants... How can one expect someone else to tell them what THEY want?

The only reason to build a .260 REm AI is to achieve a 6.5x55 in a SHORT action. If one is using a medium or long action, one might better be served by a 6.5x55. The advantages is many differnt choices of brass, standard production dies. No need to fireform brass, et.al!

Redding dies (top of the line quality) are available from Grafs for 121.99. (A fair bit less than $200) A Lee collet sizer and a quality seating die will be near half that. Why not do it right the 1st time? If one is going to build a wildcat, one should not complain about the price of dies... blush

I own a .260 AI, as well as a couple of standard .260's and numerous 6.5x55's. I am very pleased with my .260 AI, but not because of it's perfomance, but because of who I purchased it from.... ( a very dear friend...) I'd never do another.

Above notwithstanding.... Sometimes one must pee on the electric fence for themselves... smile

Just idle thoughts from a mostly idle mind.

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"