Originally Posted by Grasshopper
After reading the original posters posts on various threads, I have come to the conclusion that he does NOT know WHAT he wants... How can one expect someone else to tell them what THEY want?

I got that sense as well, and I unloaded on him to an extent I regret. I try real hard to avoid being snippy, but alas, had been in the bottle much of the evening and my even handed demeanor was listing. Most of us have tried oddball and improved cases, and many of us--myself included--learn that they are a lot of effort for not much gain. My counsel would have been to make a .25-284 on a short action or a 6.5-284 on a long action so that you could seat those long missiles out there. They offer a significant performance boost over the .308-based cases, and you wouldn't spend up part of your barrel life fire forming cases. Not to mention the excellent Lapua brass that is available.

But I guess, if he wants to go to more work and perhaps expense, to get less performance and a gun that would be harder to sell, more power to him.