Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Bea,

I think it shoots really well with anything you feed it, but I'm with the 55gr V-Max bullets. I know the long range stuff needs heavier fodder, but I'm not going to try & shoot coyotes much beyond 400 with it.

I do still have the Bushy upper.

Tommy, I have just a Leupold 3-9x40 on it now. I'm waiting for a Tactical scope from Weaver that will round it out. That LaRue mount is the cat's meow though. It's not going anywhere.

Jimmyd, I actually sold a WOA 7 twister 20" flutted stainless bull upper to get this upper. I thought I was better to be with an 8 twister for my purposes.

Sold a 7 to pay for an 8. What pray tell moved you to those thoughts? Especially since I stabilize 52s in a 6.5 twist?
If you are only shooting 400 yards it doesn't take much accuracy or too great of a bullet to make do. Its when you pass into 500 and beyond with the 223 that its a must have for heavier pills vs the wind mostly.

How accurate is that upper with what you are running for ammo at 400?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....