i'm all over that predator calling stuff.

it's just that i'm out there all the time, and having a gun that can smack consistently at 300 is important. and be small. any rifle i'm gonna hang offa the gator and tool across Rancho Tomas is gonna have to be tougher than one of those yoo-dee-layy-hee-hoo high dollar thingies you all got there.

no offense to anyone. please. if that's your thing, go for it, folks that raise beef love you for it.

have another burger.

this unit i'm working on (spending huge amounts of money on...) has gotta be a working rifle. i've whacked serious deer with my 1:7, and numerous 'yotes and hogs. i had a good 1:9 i "loaned" to my cousin, inclusive of a good base level ACOG. haven't gotten that one back at this point, so i got another. this one's a smith, a company i've got a lotta faith in.

rifle hasn't even been cleaned yet, i've got one of those high-zoot QD larue mounts coming for the flattop, and i'm eyeing just out and out buying a matte 3-9x40 leupy, then getting everything ironed out sling-wise and scope-wise... then taping it all up and trying to do a real random, winter tan kinda camo job on the whole thing. light browns. laying sheafs of johnson grass across the rifle as a black background pattern... something random yet refined, urban yet redneckool. we'll see what i come up with...

i think this package will work sexceptionally well out to 2-300 yds. and perhaps at close range also. a 3-9 DOES have a "3" setting after all.

cheers to all. thanks for your input sirs.

-tom

Wag More. Bark Less.