Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
Went to the range today and it'd warmed up to -4, thought I'd see you there Sam...?

Had a chance to run some loads over the clock that I'd clocked in Oct (same batch of everything). I had the rounds in the garage over night, not sure the temp in there but it was butt cold thats for sure it ws -8 @ sunrise.

Oct when it was mid 60's the loads went @ 2911 fps, today the loads went @ 2845 and 2855. Loss of about 60 fps or so and the temp was about 70 degrees different.

Not bad I'm thinking.

Dober

Mark,

Cold soak the rifle along with the ammo. And sloooow fire, and don't let the next round sit in the chamber very long and become heat soaked. When I did my test on RL22 a few years ago, I put the Oehler in the the cab of the truck and strung the line out to the skyscreens (I can drive up beside the end shooting benches at our range) in order to make sure it remained warm and functioning in the single digit weather. Pay attention to the speed reading of that first cold ammo-cold barrel round. My ES ws a lot larger in cold weather with RL22.

I'm sure you know the drill....... smile

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.