Originally Posted by oneshot976
Originally Posted by 8updeerhunter
who chambers 338 lapua in a good factory rifle? and are there any sites one can go to that helps with calculating wind speed and other factors and/or scope adjustments

Yeah there are a few that chamber the 338 Lapua. I would encourge you to look in to a Sako TRG-42. Just make sure it is a recent build and it has the 1-10 twist barrel not the 1-12.

As for the tools to help you with reading the wind and making adjustments, nothing can top doing it and learning by shooting in the wind but you should plan to pick up a Kestrel and I would also look into a pocket PC and the Nightforce software.

The TRG is a fantastic Out of the Box rifle. Best Trigger I've ever pulled. That being said I sure don't want to be toting it up a hill! I had a 338 RUM in a Sporting Weight Rifle based on a Ultra-Mag length actioned M-70. It would be the one to hunt with.

That being said you really should start SHOOTING at 700-800yds LONG before you start HUNTING at 700-800yds. Buying the best rifle in the world isn't going to make you hit targets that far off without developing some skills...........................DJ

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................