Originally Posted by Whelen_B
That being said, What is the difference between the RCM case and the SAUM case?

GH - The RCMs are not rebated rims so better in regards to potential bolt over ride feeding problems. RCMs are significantly less case capacity than the SAUMs (roughly in the 70grs versus closer to 80grs range water to the mouth I believe).

Whelen,

Thanks for posting those diagrams. Now all this has me wondering where the RCM fits in the grand scheme of things.

Supposedly the SAUM is dead, because the WSM out-performs it, And yet the RCM is even less than the SAUM...

That being said, I have rifles in the .270 WSM, 7mm WSM, .325 WSM, 7mm SAUM, and .300 SAUM. And I had a .300 WSM, but sold it. Of them all, my favorites are the 7mm SAUM and the I expect the .325 to become a favored one.

In all honesty, I fail to see what perceived gap the RCM fills...

However the above notwithstanding, I can see a #1-S in .338 RCM coming to roost in my gun safe. blush (Us rifle looneys seem to be a bit irrational, at times...)

Grasshopper

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"