Originally Posted by Azshooter
Mattman,

Are you talking about the newer Mark II M77 allowing four to fit the magazine? I just tried placing some 338 RCMs in the tang safety M77 and only three will fit the magazine.

Only with the correct mag box and follower. Ruger designed a new mag box and follower to fit 3 WSMs down, instead of just 2 like everyone else. So with the RCM diameter, you can get 4 down in the short fat mag box, if you know what to do where...

On a tang model, I'd think you should be able to get 4 down by using a 350 or 6.5 mag box and follower. Don't know, never had one, nor have I tried. But a 243 tang model holds 5 down, and I thought the belted models held 4. The tang mag boxes and stocks were deeper than the MKIIs and Hawkeyes.

The safety hasn't proven to be an issue yet on any MKII or Hawkeye I've been around... much less hokey... I don't trust nor to I rely on safeties, but the Ruger design is about as idiot proof as I've seen.

"Your range of experience runs that gamut from A to B, plus you're a nitwit. That's a hard combination to overcome, though some people try." - JB