UMT...

With all due respect, your expectations of octagon barreled rifles sure is different than mine...

This quote especially got me-

"By rights a single shot with an octagon barrel should not shoot. "

Browning/Mirouku has been making B-78,and 1885 high wall and low wall rifles that shoot well for over 30 years now. Not to mention Shiloh , C Sharps and a HOST of other makers..

I've owned about a dozen Brownings with octagon barrels and they shot like a house afire. I have owned those guns in 22 hornet, 223 ,22-250 ,243, 25-06 and .270.

I have never had trouble getting ANY of them to shoot 1/2" groups with a good load- sometimes with cheap factory ammo. The 1885 low walls have been especially accurate given the fact they aonly weigh 6.5 lbs and have external hammers.

I've also owned quite a few Shilohs, Pedersolis ,and Uberti replicas in 1885 and 74 sharps replicas. I shot NRA BPCR for years using Shilosh and shot into a Master Classification using an off the shelf Pedersoli. They all shot very well, too. No trick to get 1 MOA groups with a good jacketed bullet load if you can shoot the rifle well enough to do it..

My suggestion to you would be to get a sample of the new 1885 Winchester Low wall rifles. If you give that rifle as fair of a shake as you have the Blaser you tested, I think you will be amazed at how well it shoots.

Last edited by jim62; 01/07/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt