Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
I'll keep this real short, but maybe not so sweet....

There is no way in HELL you can try to remotely equate the four examples you gave to what a LEO experiences... on a daily basis. If those folks don't show up to honor their fallen co-workers that's their problem. Don't fault the police community because they are a close knit family.

Hell I work in an aluminum foundry. I'm one furnace explosion away from becomming a crispy critter, one gas leak away from having my lungs boil out of my chest. No way near the exposure the men in blue have to face every day. I wouldn't do their job if you doubled my pay.

Police officers do have a difficult job, with lots of stress - I don't disparage them; I do respect the job they do. When they pull over a motorist at night, they do not know whether it is a doctor or nurse going home after a long day in the Emergency Room or a guy who just robbed and shot a 7/11 cashier.

All I am saying is that they should be more considerate of the citizens who are trying to go about their daily business and may have an emergency of their own. Long motorcades could be broken up into smaller ones, so the taxpayers do not loose 2 hours on a busy interstate.