Originally Posted by Kamerad_Les
Did a lot of Funeral details as an NCO, most of them right up in Lakewood, CO at the VA Cemetary, There usually was quite a number of folks there, and a lot of the times you would see Police Officer's on duty show up to pay respect's. Alot of the times, family would run off folsk they don't know, so I believe it should be up to the family. I have no problem honor Civili Servants that protect our lives Daily, Fireman, Policemen, Service members, for what it is worth djs, there is no Service member Union.

I have worked with the military and am well aware there is no Service union. Service remembers (like police officers) also have stressful occupations, coupled in many cases with long separation from family. They too deserve more people at their funerals.

In warm weather, I used to go for lunch walks through Arlington Cemetery. Generally, I�d only see a dozen or fewer attendees at funerals (unless the person was well-known). Other than the military honor guard, only family members are often seen. These veterans, who are aged, often have only 1-2 in attendance and sometimes no family members present. So that no one is buried alone, there are about 60-70 women (called Arlington Ladies) volunteers who make sure that everyone has someone at their funeral.