Kute,

Those guys were my hero's and still are. Whelan had the most influence on me as he was a target shooter as well.

Jorge,

Bowman said that 300 Magnum hunters did what they did. He was there and had to chase the results down. He made a point that sold a lot of guns. Recoil is important to shooters.

djpaintless,

I have just about all of the guns as well. The Decelerator pads have changed the recoil equation for all guns. In theory most of us have a limit as to what recoil we can endure and not flinch. There is not the slightest doubt in my mind that Allen Day is an outstanding shot with his 300 WM's and does not flinch. Also that he is an excellent hunter and uses guides only because he wants to shoot lots of stuff. Sure I do it myself to but to each his own.

Allen,

The Kimbers are indeed interesting and on paper have all the features. However your buying stuff that has been checked and double checked. For most of us the Kimbers are a good place to start for not that much money. With some luck one can get a shooter out of the box.

All guns should be locked up when not in use!