Guys, thanks for the kind words. I plan to keep using the bullet, but I must admit I was surprised when the bullet didn't exit. I think it's a case of the large semi-rounded mushroom, similar in my experience to the A-Frame, limiting penetration. I just threw it out there for discussion, as it would be hard to convince the elk that the bullet didn't work! That semi-round nose did an amazing job of transferring energy.

Re the North Forks, I find them very unfussy with minimal fouling. Load development consisted of dumping in more IMR4350 until the chrony read 2800 out of the 23 1/2" barrel, at that point 3-shot groups ran about 0.65" at 100 out of the Pac-Nor.

I don't find the price of the North Forks objectionable at all, but it is a pain getting them into Canada. For that reason I'm going to try the 225 Triple Shock next. That should up my velocities from 2800 to almost 3000. With the pointed nose it will drop significantly less at longer ranges. But if accuracy isn't close to that of the North Fork, I'll stay with the NF.

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.