Get the 5th wheel and you won't have to go through the pre-flight weight and balance checks prior to take off and the ride is far and above more stable. Pull it with what you have now unless you are going to be pulling it 90% of the time.

I pulled a 32' 5th wheel Prowler all over most of the western states with a short wheel base 1/2t Chevy with a 350 cid. You couldn't even get a diesel engine in a light truck back then. The best way to go? Absolutely not, but it's what I had and I put thousands of miles on it with that combo at 12-15 hundred miles at a time. The biggest down side were the matching dents on the cab of the truck due to the short turning radius and distance from tongue to cab. You don't need a diesel to pull a large 5th wheel unless you plan on putting 3-5,000 miles a month on, but they are nice and you will notice the difference from gas.

David

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~