Originally Posted by MarcTaylor
I own Wiggy's-Alaska, and I'm the guy that Patrick bought the bag from to get ideas for his design for the Slick Bag. Even went so far as to fill it with Climashield!

...aaaahhahahahahahahaa....That's funny.

First, Patrick designed the Base/MOB before the Slick was even thought of, so the Slick was based on his existing bag.

Second, there is very little similar in the two bags. The Kifaru's have functional hood adjustments and a working draft collar.

What's been interesting is the fact that there is alot more mention of Climasheild with regards to your gear now that Kifaru uses it. Why's that? New marketing strategy? The LAMILITE! LAMILITE! LAMILITE! approach getting stale was it?

Originally Posted by MarcTaylor
Now I guess the only thing slick about it is a guy will label himself a cold sleeper when it doesn't keep him warm!

What's Slick is guys are more inclined to keep the Kifaru's because of the hood, collar, small pack size and light weight where as the vast majority of guys who bought the original Wiggys-Kifaru Special sold them off or used them in their dog beds when they decided they wouldn't hit their rating. I only know of two guys that STILL have the original WKS bags, me being one of them(not that I use it much anymore). So I guess their truely is something 'Slick' about the Kifaru's.

So...Thank YOU for opening the door as well...nice chatting with you again.

Last edited by ken999; 03/01/10.