TOM,

My second m77/22 was a blued iron sighted mode gun with a walnut stock.

It was chambered in 22 mag. Even with the reciver bedded well and the barrel free floated, it was tough to get it to shoot under 1" at 50 yerds with anything other than the 50g federal loads. Is would shoot into a dime at that distance.

One thing I did to to that rifle was a trigger job. As I remember, I very carefull ground out most of the sear engagement to get out most of the creep out and then took about a coil off the return spring to get the weight down to around 2lbs.

Then I guilded the lilly by drilling and tapping the front of the trigger housing for an over travel adjustment screw. The Ruger recivers ae so hard that I broke two ^%$$# taps getting it theaded..LOL

BUT- when I was done I had a trigger than truly broke like glass.

I later sold the rifle to a buddy in WV who hunted turkeys with a rifle. He loved it and the 50g Federal loads for such work.

Last edited by jim62; 04/12/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt