And you know VA, I LIKE the Ruger m77s as a basic rifle.

Back in the Early 1980s, about the only really high grade Rimfire bolt rifles were the Anschutes and the then new Kimber m82s.

I actually wrote a letter to Ruger asking for them to build a riomfire version of the m77 bolt gun. I asked for a ,77 style tang safety, Ruger scope mounts and their rotary clip. About two years later, they came out with the little m77/22.

rifles.And they were deftinely a dream come true. I bought one the second year they were out and while that particular rifle shot OK, I never could get used to the sloppy fit of the action .

Over the years I have owned several other m77/22s and still disliked the lack of precsison fit in that action. I DO hope that the barrel thread change means that Ruger is embarking on a tolerance tighteing /tooling rework on the m77/22 rifles.

With the cost of all European rimfires going up - even the CZs- Ruger can still compete at the price point if they offer the same overall accuracy and precision in an American made package. If they do, I will surely give them another shot.

Last edited by jim62; 06/07/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt