Actually Keith.. I beg to differ on the "one peice bolt" of the Mauser 201s..

Actually, the bolt design of the Mauser m201 is the SAME two peice design as any other rimfire rifle. Basically they just extended the rear bolt section that rotates with the bolt handle foward with the locking lugs. It is a sleeve which is wrapped it around the non rotating center section of the breech bolt. Examine it closely and you will see.

The m201s are accurate ,nicely made guns and feed pretty well. I have owned two .22lr m201s in the last 20 years. One a deluxe walnut stocked version and the other plain beech.

I sold both as they do have a design flaw in them that is ,IMHO, the reason they were discontinued. When you work the bolt, notice the floating spring loaded case ejector arm that rides underneath the bolt.

That part is a hardened ,stamped sheet metal part. Many of them are brittle and DO break in use I have seen several do it.. No more case ejection. Try finding a replacement part.. wink

Last edited by jim62; 04/23/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt