Originally Posted by Godogs57
All that shooting and drug music has taken its toll...the ringing is constant, and more annoying in the last few months than it ever has been. I am 52 and figured that if anyone should have a trick that works it should be one of us.

I see all the pills advertised....anyone have any luck with them?

I guess I will eventually need to get hearing aids as my sweet wife says I am about deaf now...I wonder if they can program them to cancel out the ringing?

Any thoughts, suggestions, are sincerely appreciated...just shout 'em out to me ok? Thanks!

It depends on the severity of your tinnitus. I have permanently damaged my left ear due to killing a deer with a ported Marlin guide gun. Its so bad that if I have a non-compressed powder load in a case, I can't hear the powder move if I shake it next to my left ear, but I can easily hear it in my right. Frankly, I think this is the price of doing gun business. I do my best to ignore it, but some nights, it gets pretty loud. Other than removing salt and alcohol (where's the fun in that?), there is little that can be done to lessen its affects. If you can, try to ignore it best you can.

My wife is a speech-language pathologist. She uses me as a test case for vets with damaged hearing. Turns out that few hard core RIGHT-HANDED shooters that grew up prior to using hearing protection doesn't have significant left-ear hearing loss above 2000 Hz. The ringing just tells you that you did it right.