Originally Posted by cmg
I am sorry. I can offer only sympathy. I am very happy, that I have not yet a tinnitus by hearing damage.

I had a pinched nerve for about two weeks from cramps in the shoulders that afforded me a like noise in the ear.

It drove me nuts. I am very thankful, we figured out what it was and were able to treat it.

That let me to think, though and to promote amongst my students and clients hearing protection.

I by no means want to add insult to injury, pray believe. I felt this thread, unfortunately, such a strong advocacy for HP, that I felt compelled to comment.

I agree with the hearing protection and always use it now, but things were different when I started shooting. Hearing protection back then consisted of a cotton ball or an empty cartridge case in your ear. Muffs came years later.

And I agree with your sig line. I don't want coke or ice near my whiskey. Whiskey doesn't stop the ringing in my ears but it makes me not care.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein