Blaine,
Another tool (toy) that I would suggest is a Redding instant indicator die. With this you can set up your full length die so that you just push your shoulders back about .001. You can sort your brass for those pesky ones that spring back and make your bolt tight when you close it. Guarenteed flyers at 1000 yds. The idicator will also let you sort your bullets to determine the length of the bullet from ogive to the base. Also flyers. Just sort your bullets into groups where they all are with a thous or so of each other. The trick is to keep everything the same, each time, every time. It will make you nuts but it really is at least to me the most fun of any of the rifle sports. ( short of hunting) Another thing that has amazed me is how accurate and capable many run of the mill factory rifles can be with just a little tunning. I have seen Remington "stock" Senderos' win relays and be right up there in some pretty big matches.

As far as light and heavy guns go, I more and more see light guns shoot right along with the heavies if they are not in too heavy a caliber. Last year at the World open in Williamsport, Pa. A light gun won both classes as well as the agg. for the entire match. There is something to be said for one rifle/load that you are really familiar with. The caliber that took it all was a 6.5X.284. I have both light and heavy rifles but just might shoot only the light this year. Mine is a .300WSM
Have fun!

Lefty