I think there is indeed a lot of small sandbox mentality when it comes to this subject. But I also think there are many more folks that would like to see the bigger/long term addressed so we're not in this same boat in years to come. The problem IMO, has more to do with trust and competence of the DNR than it does Ed from Neopit not seeing a buck last year.

My observations and complaints aren't based on whether I see less deer on a couple of tracts that I hunt - I'd like to think I'm a wee bigger picture than that. I have many friends scattered around the state; rationale, reasoning, educated people that simply don't understand WTF is going on. Good hunters that cannot see a DEER in a 9 day season and the DNR puts it in a EAB or Tzone the following year. It's not limited to Joe that hunts on 20 acres in Pembine or Bill that hunts 200 in Hortonville. Yes, I understand there's more to all of this - the problem is that I don't see anyone in the DNR connecting the dots for anyone.

You're asking people to believe in a political run agency that's been very wrong on a number of fronts, yet are still asking people to be patient and to let professionals do their job. You cited Aldo Leopold earlier and I found some irony in that because he's the very one that sought to insulate the DNR from the politics.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D