The one in 9 is what I'd try, my two tubes have both been 10's and they'll shoot the 55's to the 100's very well. To date they won't really perk with the Berger 95's and the 105 or 107's.

I have used the 95 NBT to over 600 on deer though and can't say I want for anything more.

I would AI it more for reducing trimming than I would speed but IMO I'd guess you'd gain another 100-125 fps just like any other AI job.

My first barrel died rather suddenly @ 1700 rounds but it was 1700 rounds very well spendt as most all of that was on game from large to small. I hardly ever shot it at the range once I worked out the initial load and checked the dotz to 600 yds. I shot it fairly hard and hot from time to time on chucks and I pretty much tried to use it only for a short here and there on pds.

It was a real terror on chucks/yotes/lopes and deer. I mainly used the 70 NBT and the 95 NBT and near as I can recall I've never recovered one of them.

This last fall I shot a whitey doe at about 190 yds thru the front of both shoulders. She bounced....and I found the slug just under the skin about to exit. Recovered weight was 50%, and oh yeah it was a 55 NBT...grin

To me the best 6's are a 243 AI in a short action and in the long the 6/06 either AI or non AI'd.

If one was kind to the barrel I'd spect it to last 1700 at the least and 2500 at the top end. Which if one is using those rounds to fill up an ark is one heck of a lot of good stuff.

Bottom line, I'd grab a 4 weight Scheider cut it to 25" and rock on.

I've been around 7 Scheider tubes in 6/06, all 4 weights. Two of them were 12 twists the rest were 10's.

Best of luck to ya!

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy