Ray, thought you might enjoy this post from another forum from a lady in Alberta.

Hi Everyone
I Inhabit the great white north in the province of Alberta southern portion around Pincher Creek have been riding mules since 92 and feel honored and privileged to have a couple of very nice to ride cattle handling mules we hauled to Drummond Montana a number of years ago and competed in Montana Mule Days having a great time. I also have one that earned the right to go to the Canadian National Finals Team roping and although we did not go I am very proud of Pokey and his ability to compete against top level horses with a rider that is not the most capable. it is with great pleasure that I read the comments of others who have made the mule the riding animal of choice and who also enjoy the advanced personality of the mule of which there are 5 distinct different ones at my place. Am looking forward to reading the posts and comments
Lynn

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles