I have been around Horses and Mules since I was a small child. Our family started out with 16 horses in which there were a couple Mules..Those were all pack and Mountain horses that already passed basic mountain training...

Theirs good and bad in both arena's.I have seen more bad horses in the hills than Mules but that doesn't mean much as the best Mountain/Pack animals I have ever been around, were Horses.Two were Palomino's and one was a quarter horse.

The worst ever was a Burro who hated water.Friends who worked with my Dad who wanted to hunt with us would just go out and buy a horse which had never been in the hills other than the foothills around Boise..Saw alot of Rodeo's in the mountains when game was put on them or a rifle fired and the smell of Cougars and Bears.

If I was ever to get back in the horse buisness,I would only buy Mountain horses or Mules that are tried and proven in the hills around what we do.I'm to old to go down or get stepped on or kicked or 10 feet sideways in an instant,

Jayco