When the 55gr 6mm Btip came out, a buddy gave 'em a whirl in his 6mm Rem Douglass barreled varminter. Made for some pretty nasty looking dismembered woodchucks. Made such an indelible impression on another friend, that he went out and bought a new M700ADL, just to have something to shoot them in.

I eventually got that bug and now shoot the 55 grainers in an old M788 in 243. That bullet churns 'em pretty good. In my extensive experience blasting woodchucks, the 55gr 6mm Btip is nearly twice as destructive as my old standby 55gr Btip in the 22-250.

One year the buddy with the ADL, popped a deer with the 95gr Btip from the same rifle, at a lasered 395 yards (referenced above). I suppose he was comfy taking that shot from the Harris, because he'd been doing that for years with other rifles and liked the way the new 6mm shot with the 55s and the 95s.

He and I had both been killing deer with our 25-06s and 100gr Btips, for some time, including a few beyond 400yds.

Year or two later, he built a heavy barreled (26" Douglass) 6mm06 and got to liking the 80gr version for longer pokes at 'chucks with that set up. IIRC, his longest kill on 'chucks with it, was around 800 yards.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.