Alright,

Had the chance to take a button buck (thought it was a doe, late in the evening two nights ago) of about 90 lbs.

Broadside, 35 yards, 90 NBT about two inches back of front leg and midway up. Deer went 30 or so yards straight down hill, plenty of blood to follow. I was in a 15 foot tree so could have aimed lower but didn't need to. Bullet did exit. I haven't taken pics yet as deer is in the cooler, but will post soon as I can. Not bad for a "cheap" bullet going almost 3200 fps at the muzzle. Entry side and both lungs had holes about the size of an egg while the exit wound was about the size of a nickle, maybe a quarter.

I have had good results with the TSX, but if I can get the NBT to shoot as good as the TSXs, I'll save those for hogs or forget them all together.

Obviously a bigger deer might change the equation, but as long as you take good broadside shots and dont try to make the bullet do something it's not supposed to do, I have no doubt that it would be fine for about 95% of all deer hunting.

I have taken one or two with the factory 95 gain NBT load, and I will say that the difference is negligible.