Orion, the 95 BT and 80TTSX/85 XBT/TSX are my top 3 for do it all 243 loads and kill deer dead every time, every angle when bullet is directed at/passes thru vitals.

Steve, great info/posts and it explains alot - in the why of this bullets performance. I can add to my first post above, my Dakota Predator 6BR w/10 Twist bbl shot the 95s into 5/8" at 200 yds, group after group when I did my part. As expected, it did wonderful on deer.

The Barnes may give more penetration, or as much on say very hard hard/angles etc, but the 95 BT may surpass them at long range as higher BC/wt. will yield higher retained energy yet still expand well. Admittingly distances would have to be great, but re: long shots, read where one guy reported a SOLID deer kill around 540 or 570 yds....(from memory) seems like on Midway USA's review.

No bullet is perfect under all conditions, but I think what some call a Marginal deer ctg, the 243 turns into a dead reliable DEADLY deer round when the best of today's bullets are used. The 95 ranks in my top 3 go to bullets whenever after deer. Other's will work, and work well, but there are 3 that I have ZERO reservations using under all and any adverse conditions, at any sane range.

Just my .02. Oh, BTW, had a Speedy 'SG&Y' built 221FB, and I only shot 40 Vmax over Lil Gun at 3600+, it just seemed to be that round's 'right sized load' that shot flat, accurate (one hole) and minimal recoil. LOVED the rounds lack of bark, bite, and the bbl stayed cool shot after shot after....... Steve, hope life is well.