Originally Posted by Fishkilla
It makes a difference, sacrificing strentgh for weight savings is a step in the wrong direction for a hunting pack. I suspected the lack of a 6500 meant the load hauling will be compromised slightly. 87lbs is good but what about 100+ or 125 over 15-20 miles and awkward like 60% strapped externally to your camp. I dont think I can get 7-10days + game into 5200 anyway and am sure I wont be able to justify the premium for a pack I can only use for 3-6 day hunts based on how my hunts seem to go. I am a little skeptical but hopeful too, nice to see someone shaving away everything but the bag and a few straps. I just dont think this is the UL Hunt pack for me yet. Cant wait to see one though.....ahem.....Alaska_Lanche, im talking to you:) Looks like a sweet packrafting setup!

I will be watching for those used G2 LHG's to hit the classifieds. smile

Likely these werent meant to replace LHG's but fill a gap somewhere else and jump into the UL market, im sure they will be a hit and depending on where they are priced I might end up with one in my gear pile, time will tell.

Fishkilla,

No doubt I agree. 5200 would be VERY tight for a sheep/packraft gear/ and camp for a week. But you know I am a sucker for this stuff and at the very least it will be a kick butt packraft pack that will handle weight like a dream. Likely pick up two of those packs both in 5200, you certainly check them out when they get here in March or so I guess wink.

I will for sure keep either my or my wife's NICE 6500 if these work out but both long bows, and a NICE 6500 will be going by the wayside. laugh

Looking forward to putting these things to the test here in AKs nasty alder choked valleys and see how they hold up.